Terms of Business 2023
1. Name and registered business
InfoMarex Translations is a registered business name at the Companies Registration Office in the Republic of Ireland under numbers 143258 and 537000.
- InfoMarex Translations offers its services both as a language translation agency and an international database of translators;
- As a language translation agency, InfoMarex Translations provides a language translation service from a panel of over 7,000 available native professional freelance translators at its disposal;
- Each of InfoMarex Translations’ own projects has its own contract, agenda job sheet, rate, and deadline agreed, normally by email, between itself and the client;
- InfoMarex Translations, being aware that translators are freelance, does not guarantee that any translator is fully and specifically available at any time for any project;
- InfoMarex Translations is not liable for any translator who declines to accept a project from a client.
- InfoMarex Translations does NOT provide interpreters or interpreting services.
A translator on the InfoMarex Translations database and Panel of Translators:
- is charged no fee whatsoever when registering data on the InfoMarex Translations database;
- is required to be of professional standing and to act at all times in a professional manner;
- is required to have a minimum of two years’ professional translation experience after graduation from university, or to have a minimum of five years’ professional experience where there is no third-level degree;
- must provide a personal Curriculum Vitae (CV) or résumé to InfoMarex Translations which is kept in InfoMarex Translations’ secure archives and whose update may be requested by InfoMarex Translations at any time.
- is deemed to have read these Terms and Conditions of Business upon registering on the InfoMarex Translations database;
- is always bound by these Terms and Conditions of Business while on the InfoMarex Translations database.
- are charged a fee for the professional translation work done;
- are charged according to the final wordcount of the target non-Western alphabetic language or by the source word count for other languages;
- are informed of a source or target language as a basis for price quotations;
- shall be understood to have read and agreed with these Terms and Conditions of Business in using or availing of the services of InfoMarex Translations.
5. Business Conduct
- InfoMarex Translations’ business is conducted by email and via the internet subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland;
- InfoMarex Translations voluntarily subscribes to the Code of Practice of the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association, and endorses ProZ’s Professional Guidelines;
- InfoMarex Translations adheres to the provisions of the European Committee for Standarization EN 15038 standard for translation agencies and to DIN 2345 standards for translation.
6. Value-added Tax
InfoMarex Translations is registered for Value Added Tax (VAT) in the Republic of Ireland under VAT number IE2682225B.
InfoMarex Translations MUST charge Irish VAT at 23% on invoices to:
- All Irish clients whether or not registered for VAT;
- All European Union clients who do not have a VAT registration number.
InfoMarex Translations does NOT charge VAT to:
- Certificate-exempted VAT clients in the Republic of Ireland;
- European Union clients, outside Ireland, who are registered for VAT in their own jurisdiction, who provide a current VAT registration number;
- Clients in countries outside the European Union.
7. Client invoicing
- InfoMarex Translations’ own invoices to clients are payable upon presentation or 15 days from the date of invoice;
- Clients are requested not to take more than 15 days’ credit from the date of invoice without prior agreement with InfoMarex Translations;
- Client invoices may be paid to InfoMarex Translations by PayPal, Skrill, or by secure electronic funds transfer (EFT) as indicated on each individual invoice, with any and all transfer fees being paid by the client.
- Invoices are sent in electronic format and attached as MS Word documents to an email.
- Should a client require an invoice in hardcopy by mail/post, such an invoice must be requested specifically.
- Work is carried out to the specifications and deadline of the client as agreed and confirmed by InfoMarex Translations on a specific Agenda Sheet for each project or job;
- Amendments to the original work order or Agenda Sheet shall always carry an equal amendment to the original deadline;
- Any change to original client specifications is always confirmed by InfoMarex Translations by email to the client.
If at any time any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Business is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof shall not, in any way, be affected or impaired thereby.
10. Force majeure:
- shall be accepted, in its international definition, as conditions outside the control of InfoMarex Translations;
- shall include lock-out, lock-in, industrial dispute, civil commotion, natural disaster, acts of war, inclement weather, computer or mechanical breakdown, illness, and any other situation which can be shown to have materially affected either InfoMarex Translations’ or the translator’s ability to deal with the project as agreed;
- shall be communicated by a translator without delay by email, by phone or by facsimile, personally or by a third party;
- shall entitle both the translator and InfoMarex Translations to withdraw from any project;
- shall entitle the client to withdraw from a project paying however for the work already completed; and
- shall not deprive any translator of any monies due on partially completed work.
11. Implicit permission
Any client dealing with InfoMarex Translations or translator inserting data into our database gives implicit permission to InfoMarex Translations to both store and use such data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws of Ireland 1988-2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 of the European Union.
12. Applicable law
Any and all jobs accepted by InfoMarex Translations shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
All translators and clients availing of the services of InfoMarex Translations are deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to our Terms and Conditions of Business freely available on the Home page of our website.
- Any dispute arising which involves InfoMarex Translations under any contract or email agreement entered into by InfoMarex Translations shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any dispute;
- The Republic of Ireland is a Member State of the European Union and European Law, where applicable, shall apply;
- The general conditions of service of InfoMarex Translations shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and do not alter or limit any of the statutory rights of the translator or client in any way; and
- InfoMarex Translations’ Terms and Conditions of Business, written only in English, shall be taken as read by any and all translators or clients who use, avail of, or accept a quotation for the services of InfoMarex Translations.
13. Changes to these Terms and Conditions of Business
- These Terms and Conditions of Business will be changed from time to time and updated on an annual basis due to administrative, legal, or technological changes.
- When such a change occurs, a general notice will be placed on the Home Page of InfoMarex Translations’ website;
- Such a posting, normally updated yearly, of the Terms and Conditions of Business shall be taken as due notice.
14. Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- Further information on InfoMarex Translations may be obtained under the various heading on the dropdown menus on each webpage.
- Many questions can be answered quickly by inputting the keyword(s) or phrase(s) in the Search Box to be found at the top of each webpage, where many an immediate answer to the query may be found.
Monday, 13 February 2023